Addendum to the Kayak Bass Fishing (KBF) Rules for Virginia Kayak Trail (VKT)
**CHANGES FROM LAST YEAR ARE IN RED**
**ALL ANGLERS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE VKT WITH A SUBSTITUTE W-9 BEFORE YOU ARE PAID ANY WINNINGS. (You can use this secure link to provide this information: Substitute W-9 **
KBF Rules Located at: https://www.kayakbassfishing.com/kbf-rules-standards/ are the legally binding rules that all competitors will use while fishing with Virginia Kayak Trail (VKT). Any changes in the KBF rules will be followed when they are announced by KBF. This VKT Rules Addendum is specific to Virginia Kayak Trail and will override the associated rule in the KBF rules. The VKT Tournament Director(s) has the final say in the enforcement of these rules.
KBF Section 1: Participation and Eligibility
- Active Membership in KBF is NOT a prerequisite for participation in VKT Tournaments, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to take part in their benefits (i.e. KBF NC spots, Insurance, KBF Partner Championship spots).
- VKT tournaments are open to anyone who meets all requirements specified in this addendum.
- The Tournament Director has the right to refuse angler entries in any VKT tournament and reserves the right to disqualify anglers based on a violation of tournament rules.
- All VKT tournaments are conducted using Tourney-X Pro®. Each angler who wishes to participate must create a free account on Tourney-X Pro® before the first day of competition.
- All entry fees are paid on Tourney-X Pro® using a Pay-Pal account no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of a tournament.
- Tournament Fees:
- $30.00 Entry Fee
- Optional $10.00 Big Bass
- Tournament Payouts:
- 100% Entry Fee minus Tourney-X Pro® fees ($5.00), Pay-Pal Fees ($1.50) and Classic Fees ($3.50).
- 1-4 Anglers
- First Place – 100%
- 5-13 Anglers
- First Place – 60%
- Second Place – 40%
- 14+ Anglers
- First Place – 50%
- Second Place – 30%
- Third Place – 20%
- Big Bass Payout is 100%.
- Competitor’s Right to Cancel — Any competitor who wishes to cancel their participation in a tournament may do so by emailing VKT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all tournaments, if cancellation email is submitted before the start time of the event a full refund will be provided minus the Pay-Pal fees.
- Once a tournament has started, no cancellations will be accepted and no refunds will be provided.
- VKT is not responsible for any refunds of expenses related to travel or lodging reservations or other payments involving third parties.
KBF Section 2: Fish Eligibility
- The minimum length of a Bass in any VKT tournament is 8 inches.
KBF Section 5: Competition Area
- ALL Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR) Owned Public Fishing Lakes are off limits as per Virginia State law. List can be found on the DWR website. DGIF-Owned Public Fishing Lakes | Virginia DWR
KBF Section 10: Scoring
- In the Monthly tournaments, all fish must be submitted to Tourney-X Pro® within 36 hours of the time the picture is taken. The fish will be denied or disqualified if submitted more than 36 hours after taking the picture.
KBF Section 17: Disputes and Appeals
- If a Competitor wishes to dispute a rules violation penalty, a judge’s scoring decision, or other action that materially affected the Competitor’s ranking or prize eligibility, they must immediately, at the end of the tournament contact the Tournament Director to file their dispute or appeal.
- All disputes or appeals will be handled at that time with the Tournament Director having the final say.
KBF Section 21: Waiver and Release
- Name and Likeness Release — By registering for any Virginia Kayak Trail tournament, the Competitor grants to Virginia Kayak Trail the right to use all photographs, likenesses, stories, accounts, details of Competitor contributions, exploits, interviews, bloopers, and information pertinent to the Virginia Kayak Trail tournament, as well as any video footage, photographs gathered at the tournament, for marketing and promotional purposes. This release is granted without expectation for additional compensation upon submission of tournament registration.
- Waiver and Release of Liability — As a condition of participation in a Competition, and by virtue of registering for the Competition, each Competitor agrees to accept the terms and condition of the Virginia Kayak Trail Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement. This Agreement absolves Virginia Kayak Trail, its officers, staff, and volunteers from responsibility and threat of litigation in the case of injury, loss, or death sustained by a Competitor in the Event. Registrants under the age of 16 must have their waiver/release form signed by the parent or adult guardian who will accompany them throughout competition. An acknowledgement must be on file with Virginia Kayak Trail before a registrant is eligible to compete.
- This release can be found on our website at the following link: https://vayaktrail.org/vkt-waiver-and-release-of-liability/
Virginia Kayak Trail (VKT) Additional Information:
- VKT will publish Launch times this year vice lines in times. Once you launch you can begin fishing. The launch time will be posted in Tourney-X Pro® for each tournament.
- VKT has two types of tournaments this year.
- Monthly Tournaments – these are the normal online tournaments that start at 0001 (12:01 AM) on the first day of the month and end at 2359 (11:59 PM) on the last day of the month.
- Weekend Tournaments – These tournaments will be held on a weekend to make tournaments available to as many anglers as possible while still managing the effects of COVID-19 and keeping it as fair as possible. The Weekend Tournament has the below format:
- It will be held on a Saturday and Sunday of the same weekend.
- Anglers must fish the designated body of water for the Weekend Tournament.
- Anglers can only submit fish for one day, either Saturday or Sunday. That is your choice based on your schedule and desire.
- Launch times for each tournament will be posted in Tourney-X Pro® and will be the same for both days so anglers have the same amount of time to fish.
- Final picture taking time is 1600 (4:00 PM) each day.
- Final picture submission to Tourney-X Pro® time is 1700 (5:00 PM) each day.
- If you fish Saturday and submit your pictures to Tourney-X Pro® prior to 1700 that day, you cannot submit pictures on Sunday also.
- If you submit fish on both days, you will be disqualified for the entire tournament. You will not receive AOY points for this tournament. You will not be refunded any entry fees.
Angler of the Year (AOY)
- Angler of the Year (AOY) Points for Weekend Tournaments
- First Place – 100 points, Second Place – 98 points, Third Place – 96 points, Fourth Place 94 points, Fifth Place – 92 points, Sixth Place – 90 points, and so forth.
- An angler who fished the tournament, but submitted no fish receives 20 points less than the lowest placed angler who submitted fish in the tournament.
- Angler of the Year (AOY) Points for Monthly tournaments
- First Place – 50 points, Second Place – 49 points, Third Place – 48 points, Fourth Place 47 points, Fifth Place – 46 points, Sixth Place – 45 points, and so forth.
- An angler who fished the tournament, but submitted no fish receives 10 points less than the lowest placed angler who submitted fish in the tournament.
- Final AOY points are calculated using the anglers top 10 tournaments, Monthly and Weekend Tournaments.
VKT Classic Tournament
- Qualification to fish the Classic
- Win any tournament.
- Fish 7 tournaments
- Be in the top 10 in AOY points (NO Roll Downs)
- VKT Classic Tournament Fees:
- $30.00 Entry Fee
- Optional $10.00 Big Bass
- VKT Classic Tournament Payouts:
- 100% of Classic Fees collected throughout the season plus 100% Entry Fee minus Tourney-X Pro® fees ($5.00), Pay-Pal Fees ($1.50).
- The same payouts, based on number of anglers, as the regular season will be used.
- There is only one Big Bass payout at the end of the tournament.